Hansen Industrial Transmissions' P4 line of single-stage gear units come in a parallel horizontal configuration, with shafts interchangeably sharing a horizontal or vertical plane. Single stage units are offered in five sizes (C through G) with torque ratings from 40,000 to 489,000 in-lbs. and ratios that range 1.2:1 to 5.6:1. The performance of single-stage P4 units is characterized by low noise and weight, environmental tolerance, and exceptional reliability. There are many reasons to choose a Hansen Industrial Transmissions P4 single-stage drive:
- Carefully balanced mechanical, thermal and bearing ratings simplify the selection process.
- A wide variety of accessories and instrumentation facilitate customization.
- Variable shaft centerline distance makes it easy to retrofit existing installations with minimal cost and effort.
- Large mounting pads facilitate easy installation.
- Two mounting positions (shafts sharing horizontal or vertical plane) makes it easy to accommodate unique mounting situations while reducing the number of spares required.
- Increased shaft height interfaces better with motors, and also yields greater cooling surface.
- Precision carburized and ground gearing, along with rigid housings, ensures low noise levels, minimal vibration and high torque capacity.
- Options for improved protection such as labyrinth sealing, anti-dust or anti-moisture breather.
- Hansen Industrial Transmissions Oil Lock™ system seals both high- and low-speed shafts.
- Housing is CNC-machined of cast iron for rigidity, and epoxy-painted for superior environmental tolerance. (Special coatings also available.)
- Tapered roller bearings fitted into a rigid monolithic housing absorb high internal gear forces common to single stage reducers.
- Total oil evacuation possible on all sides.
- Oil-Lock™ maintenance free seals on both shafts ensure zero leakage.
- Comprehensive and continuous lubrication during operation.
- Easy in field serviceability.
- Easy access to internals (via oversized inspection cover) and tapered roller bearings; optional second service cover allows checking lower inside parts.
- Rounded exterior discourages dirt accumulation.
- Standardization of components and subassemblies ensures rapid delivery time and lower repair costs and spare parts inventory.