Hansen Industrial Transmissions' P4 line of multi-stage gear units and drive packages cover an exceptionally broad range of configurations, ensuring a stock solution for nearly any application. Parallel and right-angle versions designed for horizontal or vertical installation are offered in 19 sizes with mechanical power ratings up to 10,000 hp, torque ratings up to 10,000,000 in.-lbs, and nominal ratios raging from 6.3:1 to 630:1. The performance of P4 units is characterized by low noise and weight, extreme environmental tolerance, and exceptional reliability. There are many reasons to choose a Hansen P4 industrial gearbox:
- Housing is CNC-machined of cast iron for rigidity and epoxy-painted for superior environmental tolerance.
- Precision carburized and ground gearing ensures low noise levels and high torque capacity.
- Increased bearing span on vertical units ensures stronger shaft support for aerators, mixers and cooling towers.
- Lifting lugs, along with crowbar provisions on smaller housings, specifically designed for easy positioning and alignment during installation.
- A wide variety of accessories and instrumentation facilitate easy customization specific to the application.
- Horizontally split housings allow easy access for inspection and field service.
- Sealed port situated above oil level permits inspection without drainage.
- Standardization of components and subassemblies ensures rapid delivery time and lower repair and spare parts costs.
- Rounded exterior discourages dirt accumulation.
- Oil-Lock™ maintenance free seal on high-speed shaft, plus drywell design for all vertical shafts, ensures zero leakage.
- Design of both horizontal and vertical configurations ensures lubrication of all bearings upon filling with oil, and complete evacuation of oil upon draining.
- Integral pump ensures comprehensive and continuous lubrication during operation.
- Cooling and lubrication systems have a simple design, ensuring reliability at a reasonable cost.